- Surround yourself with high levels of aptitude
- Generously give others the credit
- Take responsibility…put yourself out there to be ultimately accountable.
- hides behind a podium
- smiles and says hello
- moves you along
- assigns tables
- takes you to your seat
- keeps things moving along
- says good bye and thank you
- position themselves to “dance"
- get to know
- seek to understand why you’re here
- pick up clues
- deliver the unexpected
- make new friends, and...
- remember old ones
- create comfort and trust, so...
- they can get the truth when people leave
This from one our local self storage facilities...proves that everyone can be an Innkeeper. It's a simple choice really. Decide that care matters...and do it.
Really enjoyed this recent Tom Peters quip...An effective brand you knows "sucking DOWN" is 10-100X more important than "sucking up."
It reminded me of the single most important life lesson I've learned in my adult time on the planet. Pandering to those above you (or to yourself) is never as effective as investing in the development of healthy relationships with your peers, team member and family. This is where leadership starts...and ends.