Leadership- to create a culture of causing delight and change (improvement)
Why Lead?- What would be missed if you were gone? What do you hope to change? Who will you enroll to go with you? What is your legacy?
- Take responsibility- This might not work
- Establish a hospitality and change oriented culture
- Are highly intuitive. They notice things (that need to be changed). And can see an outcome which will cause delight.
- Care enough to leap...to try something that might not work.
- Recognize they can’t do it alone.
Leaders are people who inspire and enroll others on their journey. They are...
- Artists- Not all artists are great leaders. But all leaders are artists. They are emotionally engaged in their work...beyond the transaction.
- Craftsmen- they create something (from nothing) and take responsibility for things that might not work.
- Improvisors- they seek the discomfort of handling the unexpected and enjoy the exchanges along an unknown path.
- Innkeepers- they are in the hospitality business...causing delight through pleasant surprises and serving others in a meaningful way.