Alex mentioned this in a conversation we had a couple of weeks ago. I thought about it again today during today's indieHotelier program.
If you do hospitality really well, by default you will be different. And, you might even be the best. Take a look around. Almost all guest experiences are average and inconsistent. This gives you an excellent chance to step-in and take over...to win.
It's not easy or cheap. But, if you make the investment, it's as close to a sure bet as you can get.
- Pick something you're really good at doing, something you're very knowledgeable about
- Put a lot of effort into it
- Execute...Chop Wood
- Act like you're always in second or third place (from Seth Godin)
- Be honest and transparent
- Be extremely customer focused...no gimmicks, shortcuts, or growth plans